What’s in my bag ? | June Edit
This weekend I indulged in a little retail therapy. I stepped into a shop or a mall after almost a month and I was really excited to update my closet and makeup kit with some of the seasons must haves. Saturday evening, post a lunch date with my girlfriends ( we ended up at Yautcha – will share my recommendations soon) I indulged myself at the Masaba Gupta store in Palladium, Clinique for some skin and make up stock ups and bought myself a pair of really comfortable and very very high heels from Charles & Keith (also will share). I love Masaba’s prints. They are bright, quirky and comfortable and really easy to wear and style. Infact she is the one designer I end up shopping the most ! From dresses and crop tops to sarees and jackets – I have almost all of her prints across all her collections. An instant boost to my mood is the ever smiling Priti aunty who is an institution by herself if you ask me. It’s like having my mom at the store – she suggests dresses I should try and buy and those I should give a miss – truly honest and helpful. Apart from additions to my wardrobe I ended up picking up a quirky little make up pouch in Masaba’s famous ‘cow print’. For only Rs 500 they are a steal if you ask me !
I also ended up picking up a great foundation and blush from Clinique – will save reviews for another time (once I have used them for at least another few days).
So anyways, my pouch now sits in my tote and is stuffed with my daily essentials that I don’t step out without. Currently I am using my Goyard tote and while I am hoping to save it from the rain, I tend to get stuck to a bag and get too lazy to switch it unless I am headed out for a formal event or a date. Back to my pouch which is cute and quirky and contains the following –
- A comb
- Dry Shampoo – I love this one from Batiste (especially the handy size)
- A hand sanitiser – Bath & Body Shop has the best I think.
- My classic Chanel Lipstick – I love Rouge Allure Velvet
- A brighter matte lip gloss or lip cream from Miss Claire (don’t you just love their long lasting matte lip creams) . I have them in a bunch of colours but for the rains I like 41 number because it’s a bright coral pink.
- Stud earrings from Isharya that I bought off Jivaana (but obviously). Good as an sos because sometimes I don’t wear any earrings and then have to rush to something a bit formal.
- A panty liner – It’s a pity that not enough women use them…
- A safety pin for sos.
- A tweezer.
- A box of mints – bad breathe is such a turn off ! I love this really strong one from Jintan.
- My new blush set from Clinique – compact and equipped with a brush and mirror – I am using the sunset glow – easy to build up and just light enough for that natural blush.
- Mascara – to wake up my eyes
- A rubber tie or these new ones that don’t leave a bump in your hair.
- Perfume – a small one to combat BO which is a no no but a real thing in the monsoons. Currently loving éclat by Lanvin. (my fave perfume if you ever want to gift me one).
- This cute and quirky pouch from Masaba.
What’s in your bag ?